Friday, December 3, 2010

Decorating for Christmas

We were so excited to get our tree up and some of our decorations out this year. Hayden loved getting up on the big ladder and helping Daddy and Papa.
We were so grateful to have Nona and Papa's help this year. My big belly and I just weren't the ones for the job! It also went so much faster to have their help.
We hung on to our old tree and last year started the tradition to let Hayden decorate it with our childhood ornaments as well as the ones he is starting to accumulate. He had a blast, so of course were excited to see what he would think this year. He loved it even more this year. He wanted to put each ornament all on the same branch! It was pretty funny. It will be so fun to have both kids here for next Christmas.
He was so careful with each ornament. It was adorable.
The finished product! He was so proud of his accomplishment. Every night he gets to turn on his tree and it is so fun to watch his excitement. Christmas is so much more fun and even more meaningful seeing it through his eyes.

2 comments:

Terra Roper said...

Thank you so much for your sweet note this week, Amanda! I just loved seeing your Christmas decorations and the pictures of your baby shower! Creativity runs deep in your family! I absolutely loved the theme and the darling diaper cake! You are looking positively gorgeous and radiant! Praying for you guys and miss you so much!! Hugs!

Kim said...

Yeah! Finally some updated pictures! (I know..I can't talk since I don't even blog anymore!). I love Hayden decorating his tree! I miss him! I had to laugh because I'm pretty sure you are having a contraction in the picture where you are sitting on the ground and Hayden is decorating! I know that look!!!!! I wish I could have ben there for your beautiful shower! I can't wait to see Linley!